The History of The Town
The name of the town comes from Toturga which is one of the clan coming from 24 Oğuz tribes that Kaşgarlı Mahmut described in Divan-ı Lugatit Türk. ( The first Turkish Dictionary from Arabic to Turkish)
Dodurga was destroyed in the earthquake of 1910-1935-1942-1943. It was rebuilt several times. The city lost its large part of male population in the First World War. Although Dodurga which lost its population as many villages did in the late period of Ottomans , it became an important settlement region again after the discovery of lignite mines around the town in the following 20 years of republic announcement.
Dodurga started to be administered as a municipality in 1963 and a town on 9th May, 1990.
It is 42 km from Çorum and the acreage is 191 km2 . It has an elevation of is 510 m. The transition of Middle Black Sea Region climate to terrestrial climate is seen in Dodurga. The average rainfall during the year is 373, 2 mm. Springs are rainy and summers are dry. The rainfall rate decreases from July to August . (11.6 mm).
Administrative Structure and Population Status
The population is totaly 10.451 , 3.458 in the town center and 6.993 in the villages and
There are ten villages and a district administered by town ( Alpagut) .